Thursday, November 29, 2012

book spine poetry

I have decided to do some book spine poetry, which you may or may not have seen if you follow me on Twitter. I've tried to do this type of poetry before and it never worked out so well, but today I actually managed to come up with some book spine poems I sort of like.

#1: a falling in love poem with books by Heather Duffy Stone, Lauren Oliver, Nina LaCour, and Deb Caletti

This is what I want to tell you
before I fall:
hold still,
stay.

#2: a poem of unsureness with books by Tara Altebrando, Gayle Forman, Susane Colasanti, John Corey Whaley, and Arlaina Tibensky.

What happens here
if I stay?
Waiting for you,
where things come back,
and then things fall apart?

#3: a poem about one of my own characters, with books by Courtney Summers, Robin Palmer, Laurie Halse Anderson, Hannah Moskowitz, Tahereh Mafi, Marsha Qualey, and Arlaina Tibensky.

Some girls are 
wicked jealous.
Speak,
Break,
Shatter me,
just like that.
And then things fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment